Office sought: Council man/ vice mayor for Town of Grottoes
1. Why are you seeking election/re-election; and is successful, what are your three primary goals and how do you propose to address them?
I am running for my 5 th term because I want to be involved with what is happening in our community and help guide the residents. Being in charge of streets, lights an sidewalks of Grottoes. Assuring Grottoes is a safe community. Continue business growth in the community.
2. The health of our area economy is always a concern to REALTORS®. What will you do to advocate for economic development and small businesses?
Welcoming in new and small businesses. Encouraging different business to be established in Grottoes.
3. Affordable housing is a major concern for many area families. What do you support to help ease the housing crunch for local workforce families, and are there any steps that government can take to alleviate homelessness?
Grottoes is considered a middle class to low income community and we welcome affordable housing We still have building areas available.
4. Fair Housing programs are critical to a community because they provide an opportunity to those that face resistance to residency with an opportunity to secure a home. How can we work together to incorporate fair housing programs into the area?
We welcome and have Habit houses. We also have government subsidized housing. We understand there is still a need in our community.
5. As an Association representing 400 REALTOR® and affiliate members who live and work in the community, what role do you see HRAR playing in housing issue discussions and how can the Association work with you to improve the community?
Maybe looking at some of our older buildings in town and renovating them into housing would be a good idea. We have some of these in our community that could maybe be turned into something like the Ice House in Harrisonburg. Everything does not have to be in Harrisonburg or centered around JMU. Expand into the county and spread and decongest Harrisonburg. Grottoes is in the middle between Harrisonburg, Waynesboro and Staunton. We are only an hour away from Charlottesville and Winchester. We are not off the beaten path, the beaten path goes right through our community. We are minutes from I81 and a short cut to come down 340 to major industry. Our per capita keeps us from getting things that would benefit not just our town but those traveling through it, to and from their work, at these industries. Just our Food Lion, brings in people from Crimora, New Hope and Weyers Cave. So as you can see we do need to work with you!
DON'T MISS A NEW LISTING AGAIN!
FREE AUTOMATED EMAIL UPDATES