Office sought: Timberville Town Council
1. Why are you seeking election/re-election; and if successful, what are your three primary goals and how do you propose to address them?
I am seeking re-election to be active and involved in continuing, and introducing new programs, that make Timberville a better place to live and offer an attractive environment for sustainability and growth.
1) Continue to develop and improve our recreational facilities.
2) Support existing businesses and attract new commercial and residential opportunities.
3) Promote tourism for development of community projects such as a canoe/kayak launch, splash pad, and Christmas Village. This development exhibits a platform for Timberville to be seen as a destination and commercial hub.
2. The health of our area economy is always a concern to REALTORS®. What will you do to advocate for economic development and small businesses?
I have personally presented the idea and reality of a Christmas Village featuring local artisans to celebrate the season and bring the community and visitors together. I have also presented the idea, and brought to reality, affordable Marketing and Business classes for local businesses. I have recruited businesses to occupy vacant buildings in Timberville. I am a founding member of CART, Community Art Recreation of Timberville, a non-profit corporation to support the Town.
3. Affordable housing is a major concern for many area families. What do you support to help ease the housing crunch for local workforce families, and are there any steps that government can take to alleviate homelessness?
Timberville has government assisted housing in our town which provides access to affordable housing to those who assistance .
4. Fair Housing programs are critical to a community because they provide an opportunity to those that face resistance to residency with an opportunity to secure a home. How can we work together to incorporate fair housing programs into the area?
I was instrumental in bringing a Habitat for Humanity project to the Town of Timberville and would support like programs.
5. As an Association representing 400 REALTOR® and affiliate members who live and work in the community, what role do you see HRAR playing in housing issue discussions and how can the Association work with you to improve the community?
I have been unaware of HRAR’s organization and activities but by HRAR establishing communications with local government, participation would be welcome.
DON'T MISS A NEW LISTING AGAIN!
FREE AUTOMATED EMAIL UPDATES